CES upped security this year
LAS VEGAS—CES, a consumer-based electronics expo held here Jan. 6-9, increased security for 2016, adding bag restrictions, body screening, more security personnel and increasing registration and identification requirements.
“We want a safe CES. The safety of our guests is a top priority,” Gary Shapiro, president and CEO, CTA—which hosts the show—said in a prepared statement. “Our goal is for all of our guests—general attendees, exhibitors and members of the media— along with show personnel, to have a productive, fun and safe experience at CES while being sensitive to lines and inconvenience.”
More than 170,000 people attended the show last year. The show covers more than 2.4 million square feet, housing more than 3,600 exhibiting companies, CES said in the statement.