DNA Sciences takes top award at NSS
WASHINGTON - Applied DNA Sciences Inc. took home best in show, called the Innovation Award, for the 2003 National Summit on Security New Product Showcase at the National Summit on Security, held here from Oct. 1-3.
Twenty-one products and services were entered into the program, which was established more than 10 years ago as a means of identifying and showcasing innovation in electronic security products and services.
The awards were presented by the Security Industry Association and Association Expositions & Services, with the final round of judging taking place on Wednesday, Oct. 1. The six judges who viewed presentations by entrantsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ marketing, sales or technology representatives, were drawn from various segments of the industry.
In addition to DNA SciencesÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Applied DNA Technology Security Access, which also won an award in the access control category, several other products were awarded Product Achievement Awards. They were:
- CCTV: GVI/Samsung for its VPP System
- Digital video: Vistascape Security Systems for its Security Data Management Systems, which also won a Judges Choice Award for commercial products
- Home automation: HAI for its HAI OmniTouch
- Integrated systems: IR Security and Safety for its Schlage VIP Open Architecture Platform
- Intrusion detection/prevention: ASIM Technologies for its IR 483
- Monitoring: AES-IntelliNet for its AES 7470 IntelliGuard
- Training: Hirsch Electronics for its Velocity Integrated Learning Strategy
Stealth Laboratories was awarded a Judges Choice Award for residential products for its SiRoute Self-Configuring Wireless Network, manufactured by Siemens. Cypress Computer Systems won an Achievement Award for honorable mention for its Duprex 7000 Series.