What’s on tap for ISC West
- "SIA and Homeland Security in the 108th Congress: Issues for the Security Industry in 2003" on March 26 at 10 a.m.
- "Reaching the Federal Market – Insight into GSA's Federal Supply Schedules Program" on March 26 at 1 p.m.
- "Understanding Federal Government Security Criteria" on March 25 at 10 a.m.
- "Homeland Security and Unconventional Weapons" on March 25 at 10:00 a.m.
- "The Use of Smart Cards in Privacy-Sensitive Secure Identification Systems" at 10 a.m. on March 26.
- The International Biometric Industry Association will present a program entitled, "State of the Biometric Industry and Programs Moving the Industry Forward" on March 26 at 3 p.m.
The panel for this discussion will take a look at the security industry from the top down – where are the technologies, potential markets, educational efforts, and standards development and certification programs.
Other topics on the program are: workplace violence; security lessons from the Pentagon attack; "Infrared technology: Its necessity for night-time video in a digital world; "The new monitoring landscape: Mobile security and the Internet"; what's new in the 2002 NFPA National Fire Alarm Code; and preparing for the fire alarm technology NICET exam.
ISC West 2003 is sponsored by the Security Industry Association (SIA) and is endorsed by the California Alarm Association (CAA).