The growing Article 6-E index
From the first story I wrote about Article 6-E, the proposed central station licensing legislation being kicked around over in New York, through the blog posts and follow up stories and videos, I've come across A LOT of printed material. From the proposed bill itself, to pro- explanations thereof and con- dissections as well.
The most recent story on Article 6-E, which includes industry impressions of the Feb. 10 meeting, is on our site now, as well.
In talking with a few other security industry executives, I decided it would be a good idea to start putting all of these letters and emails to which I've been privy up online in one place where everyone could get a look.
A few words on permissions to reprint: If the letter/email appears here it was posted online for general consumption, or I have either asked for and received permission from the organization of origin to post it or it was sent directly to me by the organization of origin.
I do not claim to have ALL the letters that were sent to the NYBFAA prior to their Feb. 10 meeting (I sure would like that...), but have included the ones I've managed to come across. I would ask that if you don't see your letter here and you want it posted for the industry to read, PLEASE SEND ME A PDF AND I'LL ADD IT TO THE DIRECTORY.
I have not included a lot of material that has appeared either on ACCENT or in Ken Kirschenbaum's newsletter. If you contributed something to those sources and would like it included here, please turn it into a .pdf and send it to me and I'll do my best to keep this index current.
Please feel free to add your comments on this posting or on Article 6-E in general. I welcome all viewpoints and opinions.
- Here's the draft of Article 6-E.
- Here's 6-E Review Committee chair John Lombardi's discussion of 6-E.
- Here's an open memo from Rapid Response CEO Russ MacDonnell.
- Here's a letter from Doyle Security president John Doyle to Rapid Response.
- Here's Doyle Security's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's ADT's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's C.O.P.S.' letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's CSAA's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's Direct Alarm's online posting.
- Here's Legacy Security Service's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's Mace CSSS' letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's Alan Glasser's (MBFAA) online posting.
- Here's Protection One's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's Rapid Response's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's Security Solutions' letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's Sonitrol of Buffalo's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's Stanley Security's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here's Vivint's letter to NYBFAA.
- Here is the NYBFAA's Feb. 16 email discussing the open forum discussion.