AFSA offering system planning school

SSN Staff  - 
Thursday, April 1, 2004

DALLAS - The American Fire Sprinkler Association is offering several versions of its Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School at a discounted price until July 1.

After that, the price will jump from $1,100 for members and $1,500 for non-members to $1,200 for members and $1,700 for non-members.

The System Planning School is intended to present a comprehensive, practical approach to preparing fire sprinkler system drawings. Students receive two weeks of instruction, 60 percent of which is study and review of NFPA 13. The remaining 40 percent is concentrated on preparing a sprinkler system layout, shop drawings and hydraulic calculations.

The school is designed for both those who have no experience and those who need assistance with design.

The planning schools are held in Dallas at the AFSA’s training center.

There are five offerings remaining in 2004: April 26 through May 7, June 21 through July 2, Aug. 2 through 13, Oct. 4 through 15 and Dec. 6 through 17.