ASIS announces Accolades Award winners
ALEXANDRIA, Va. —ASIS International has announced its 2014 Accolades Award winners to recognize the security industry’s most innovative new products, services and solutions.
Judges representing end users and experts in security technologies evaluated all entries and selected this year’s 10 winners, including a new Judge’s Choice Award.
The following are the winners of the 2014 ASIS Accolades Competition: Security’s Best Award, along with descriptions of the technologies, provided by ASIS.
· Judge’s Choice Award, American Science and Engineering Inc., MINI Z™ Handheld Z Backscatter® Screening System. The MINI Z™ system is a breakthrough, handheld Z Backscatter® X-ray imaging system that security and public safety officials can use “on the go” for fast, portable, real-time detection of concealed organic threats (e.g. explosives, plastic guns, ceramic knives), drugs, and other contraband in suspicious bags and hard-to-reach locations.
· AlertEnterprise, Insider Alert. The industry's first converged insider threat management solution, AlertEnterprise delivers unique software that links identity management, enterprise applications and networks with access control, video and operational SCADA systems. AlertEnterprise creates a risk score for each employee, contractor, etc., and tracks their background checks and criminal history record, ensuring that no relevant information is missed for access to privileged information.
· ASSA ABLOY Group brand, Ameristar Perimeter Security USA Inc., Stalwart M50/P1Anti-Ram Perimeter Barrier. Stalwart M50/P1 design is the pinnacle to its already comprehensive list of available barrier ratings. Stalwart’s new design allows for a simplistic installation, yielding the most cost competitive M50/P1 solution available on the market. Stalwart M50/P1 and all Ameristar security fence solutions install in tandem for seamless perimeter security integration.
· Axis Communications, AXIS Q1615/-E. The indoor AXIS Q1615 and outdoor-ready AXIS Q1615-E combine new capabilities like wide dynamic range (Axis’ WDR – Forensic Capture), electronic image stabilization and shock detection with proven Axis technologies, such as Lightfinder and HDTV 1080p resolution.
· HID Global, new product to launch at ASIS 2014 Seminar and Exhibits.
· NICE Systems,new product to launch at ASIS 2014 Seminar and Exhibits.
· Quantum Technology Sciences Inc., Quantum Remote Intrusion Detection System. Different from typical unattended ground sensors, Quantum Remote is the first and only security solution capable of using a single concealed ground sensor to maintain an awareness perimeter where potential threats on land, underground, in the air and in the water are detected, tracked and classified in real time.
· Senstar Inc., RoboGuard: Outdoor Perimeter Security. RoboGuard is an agile robot, travelling on a monorail along smart fences. It carries an assortment of payloads such as a fence scanner, cameras, and intercom. It can replace the manned patrols for the routine “health-check” patrol and first response to intrusion alerts within tens of seconds.
· Tyco Security Products/CEM, CEM Emerald. With its sleek design and state of the art LCD touch screen, CEM emerald offers more at the door, card reader and controller functionality, fully integrated Voice over IP intercom and a range of powerful server-based applications like a tablet, all in one single, powerful terminal.
· Xtralis, VESDA-E Series Aspirating Smoke Detectors. VESDA-E is the latest aspirating smoke detection (ASD) from Xtralis. VESDA-E offers smoke detection 15 times better than current VESDA, with double the longevity, improved dust rejection, and greater area coverage. VESDA-E provides increased coverage up to 80 percent while allowing convenient detector mounting for ease of service/maintenance, with 8 percent less power consumption.
An honorable mention also was given to Senstar Inc. for its Cybervigil Security Switch, an industrial cyber security Ethernet switch that provides unique protection for physical security and industrial control systems against cyber-attacks. It has ironclad security together with full featured networking capabilities, optimized for physical security networks, SCADA systems, and utility control networks.
The awards will be presented Sept. 29 at the ASIS conference in Atlanta The award-winning entries will be displayed in the Accolades Showcase in the exhibit hall and also will be featured on the “What’s New on the Floor” session at 1:45 p.m. Sept. 29 at the show.