This month in Security Systems News, we explore the industry's relation to the environment. With a survey of more than 100 installers and integrators and more than a dozen follow-up interviews, we have investigated the ways the security industry does and does not consider environmental impact as it goes about its daily business.
These stories paint a picture of an industry that does, indeed, care about the future of our planet and what is in some ways the ultimate security: knowing that our children will have a home that's livable and healthy. However, it is also an industry searching for its role in preserving and conserving Earth's natural resources.
Let the discussion continue.
* Integrators make small strides - page 16
* Honeywell fire is green at top - page 20
* centrals answer green call - page 25
* alarm companies do, don't talk - page 30
* Suppliers see two kinds of green - page 35