Skip to Content

ADT fire alarm saves woman in Illinois

ADT fire alarm saves woman in Illinois

BURR RIDGE, Ill.—Stacey Toscas was about to step into the shower when her ADT smoke detector began to beep. Seconds later, she discovered her dining room had erupted in flames, according to a report from The Chicago Sun-Times Burr Ridge website.

Thankfully, an ADT operator in New York got the signal and called 911.

“Like a lot of people, she didn't think about calling 911 right away,” Bob Tucker, ADT director of corporate affairs, said in the report.

Within minutes, the Tri-State Fire Protection District was at Toscas' home and the fire, which started with a candle on a dining room table, was put out.

In recognition of the role Tri-State played in subduing the blaze, ADT presented the district with a $5,000 check last week. In February, Stacey and Jim Toscas will fly to New York, where they will present the company's Lifesaver Award to the operator who saved Toscas and her home.


To comment on this post, please log in to your account or set up an account now.