Skip to Content

Tag: CO

This Blog's on Fire (And Other Stuff)

North Carolina hotel room a CO deathtrap?

June 12, 2013Tess Nacelewicz

North Carolina requires carbon monoxide detectors in homes and apartments, but not in hotels. Now, some tragic deaths in a hotel room in Boone, N.C. make a compelling argument for a CO detector mandate for hotels. First, an elderly couple died in April in room 225 in the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza, according to news reports. Then, on Saturday, an 11-year-old boy was found dead in the same room, reports say. Blood tests show that the April deaths were due to CO poisoning, according to...

carbon monoxide, CO, Honeywell

Read Full Articlered right arrow icon