Skip to Content

Vivint call center blaze causes injury, work disruption

Vivint call center blaze causes injury, work disruption

LINDON, Utah—A firefighter was injured in a blaze at a Vivint call center here this week, but 400 to 500 company employees were safely evacuated, according to news reports.

The Lindon Police Department said the March 18 fire likely was caused by heat tape in the roof intended to keep the gutters from freezing, according to a Daily Herald report.

Call center operations have been relocated to Vivint's main campus in Provo, Utah, news reports said.

The Salt Lake Tribune reported that a firefighter was badly injured when a wall containing multiple steel doors collapsed on him during the fire.

That paper reported that an employee saw the flames about 9 a.m. and tried to put them out with two fire extinguishers, but when the employee returned with a third extinguisher, the fire had grown beyond his control. Fire crews were called in from four nearby communities.

Vivint opened the 150,000-square-foot facility in 2012 as part of an infrastructure expansion.


To comment on this post, please log in to your account or set up an account now.