Skip to Content

Tag: Charlotte Observer

Fire Systems Installation

North Carolina may pass CO legislation after hotel poisonings

July 10, 2013Tess Nacelewicz

ST. CHARLES, Ill.—Several recent deaths caused by carbon monoxide poisoning in a North Carolina hotel room may lead to a law in that state requiring CO detectors in lodging places. Currently, 40 states have laws mandating the installation of CO devices, but most of those laws pertain to homes and multi-family residences, said David George, director of marketing communications for System Sensor. Based here, that company makes fire detection and notification devices, including carbon monoxide...

Best Western, carbon monoxide, Charlotte Observer, David George, Honeywell

Read Full Articlered right arrow icon